Friday, December 30, 2011

In the Meadow - WMC80

Well, I had a long, tiring day home with the kids. I swear, some days they just run me ragged and I feel so beat down. I know that may sound horrible, but it's the truth. I love my kids OF COURSE, but I'm feeling very overwhelmed lately and I'm not sure how to get out of this funk. Ever been there? Any advice? I really miss stamping (not that I stamped anything on the card I made!!! LOL) and crafting in general. When I went upstairs earlier, I had my 3 and a 1/2 year old sitting on a chair next to me, but he was more like standing and looking over my shoulder/bumping me in the elbow. While he was being cute and complementary "Ohhh, that looks good", "Yeah, I like that!", etc., it was still highly annoying. Also, my 17 month old daughter was standing on a chair next to him, pulling everything out of my craft tote. Then she crawled under my table and proceeded to whine and try climbing up my legs until I picked her up. Needless to say, I couldn't get much done!!!

There are 3 challenges going on right now that I want to participate in. The first one is for my friend Jenny over at Wee Memories (Challenge #80) and since this one had to be submitted by tomorrow, I had to get to this one first. See, I have priorities. :P This week "anything goes" and this is what I came up with. I have had this Cosmo Cricket paper for a while and love the non-traditional colors. The card itself is 5x7 which I've actually never made before. I used the teal with the snowflakes for the top portion of my card for the sky and the pink swirly one for the bottom representing the meadow. I adhered a tall chipboard snowman from the same line and then used letter stickers to write "In the meadow we can build a snowman". I ended up pulling off the "o" in meadow and replacing it with a snowflake charm and added some twine to string it up... or down... not quite sure what you'd call it. HAHA Lastly, I added some "stitching" with a couple of Gelly Roll pens and a ruler. In my opinion, this totally ruined my card. When I moved the ruler, the ink smudged. I am such a perfectionist that this really bothers me!!! I know, I know. I'm being hard on myself. Maybe it's just my mood, but I am trying to get out if it. I promise!!! :)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so adorable, I love all the different letters!

Angie Blom said...

this is beautiful girly.. love it!!